|Saito-Furukawa, Janet||(213) 241-0142||Specialist Secondary Literacy|
The purpose of the Secondary Literacy Plan, adopted in January 2002, is to ensure that all middle and high school students are provided with the learning opportunities and instruction that will enable them to meet or exceed high standards in each content area. The design lessons, instructional guides and periodic assessments directly address and support fundamental principles of the Secondary Literacy Plan. The principles are as follows:
- Students learn core concepts and habits of reading, writing, and reasoning within each content area as defined by standards.
- The design lessons and instructional activities apprentice students within the content area.
- Teachers apprentice students by providing students with direct instruction, models, coaching, and independent practice.
- Intelligence is socialized through community, class learning culture, and instructional routines.
- Instruction is assessment driven.
No news posted