Project-Based Learning is a student-centered, rigorous, relevant, and engaging instructional model that:
· Supports inquiry and autonomous learning,
· Supports students’ learning and practicing of 21st Century skills
· Integrates curricular areas, thematic instruction, and community issues
· Supports differentiated instruction
Seven Elements of Project-Based Learning
1. Project is based on subject area content standards.
2. 21st Century skills of problem solving, collaboration, and various forms of communication are used.
3. There is a driving question, or essential question.
4. Students’ understanding and learning are scaffolded through the development of an appropriate sequence of activities.
5. Feedback, revision, and reflection cycles are used as tools for learning.
6. Students are afforded authentic opportunities to showcase their personal strengths.
7. Students are engaged in culminating performance or demonstration; results are made public.