With the reorganization of LAUSD from Local Districts to Educational Service Centers, this site is no longer being updated.
What is Zone of Choice?
First we would like to welcome you to Local District 4! Local District 4 has been at the heart of innovation striving to do and give the very best to all our students.
Zone of Choice is a unique opportunity for families living in the attendance boundaries of:
- Belmont (17 choices on 1 of 4 campuses) also known as BZOC.
- Kennedy (6 schools on the same campus) also known as KZOC.
- Sotomayor (5 schools on the same campus) also known as SZOC.
Common practice: There is one school in a particular geographical area where all students of the neighborhood attend. In a Zone of Choice a family may have different campuses to choose from (Belmont Zone) and/or have several choices amongst small schools within the same campus (Belmont, Kennedy and Sotomayor).
All our schools are public educational institutions.
If you live in the attendance boundary of:
- Belmont Zone - You may visit any of our campuses and request a BZOC application; or download an application from our Locker or call (213) 241-0483.
- Kennedy Zone - You may visit their Welcome Center at 701 S. Catalina, Los Angeles, CA 90005 or call (213) 480-4500.
- Sotomayor Zone - You may visit their Welcome Center at 2050 San Fernando Road, Los Angeles, CA 90065 or call (323) 276-5400.
Again, we welcome you to Zones of Choice in Local District 4.
Zones of Choice Enrollment Office
333 S. Beaudry Ave., 11th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017
For more information please contact:
Gloria Lara, Enrollment Supervisor
Phone: (213) 241-0483
Fax: (213) 241-3350